Back to School

Thursday, April 8, 2010

This whole blog thing is a bit intimidating to me, to be honest. I set it up because I was bored and wanted to see what Matt would do... Now we know. I just wonder if he will ever post again (and I mean after the initial post he will put up in response to this statement just to prove that he can). Another problem I seem to have is that I'm not sure what to write about, I mean how interesting, really, are our lives? I guess we're about to find out!

Life has thrown me some pretty crazy surprises lately. About a month ago I decided that my work environment was just not for me and so I quit. Being unemployed brought some interesting things into perspective for me. I realized as I searched for new jobs that I didn't want to be making $12 / hour for the rest of my life. It also became evident that working in an office (where most of the jobs are with my experience) just isn't the right place for me. I mean filing papers and getting someone coffee could have it's benefits, but it's the whole dressing up and looking girly thing that would really get to me ;) So I've decided to go back to school!!!!!

Matt still has another 4, yes 4, years left in school at the U. I figured what better time than now to go and get another degree, but this time I'm going to get one that I can actually do something with. Like my mom and grandma, I want to be a nurse. I am so excited for school to start up in a month! I'll be doing my pre-reqs at SLLC this summer and fall and then hopefully joining Matt at the U next summer in their accelerated bachelors in nursing program. I try not to think about the fact that I will be a Ute for 4 semesters, if I get into the program. I somewhat cringe at this thought but am able to sleep easy knowing I'm blue to the core and nothing could change that!!

Here is a pic of me and Matt right after snowboarding, just for your viewing enjoyment...

0 comments: